SEARCH HOMES

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Washington and Old Dominion Bike Trail


I have been walking on these roads  past 3 years. I have lived and worked around the trail passage for 11 years, but only found out about it when I got our Husky. Naturally he demanded me to alter my daily routine and add long walks to my daily life. At first we started small walks if 1-2 miles. As the husky grew, his demand for longer walks also grew. On an average, we walk 7-12 miles every Saturday and Sunday.

We pass through beautiful trail passages of W&OD every weekend. Wild life of our own backyard is incredible. We have met with many wild life members of W&OD. Deers, foxes and rabbits and many other wild life can be found here. If you are a bird lover, you will be amazed how many different kinds of birds we have here.

I used to think that, people who owns properties on the passage of W&OD are very lucky. Well now, I can say, I think we are lucky!

During spring, W&OD becomes like a flower land. It is beautiful. 
During month of July, along the bike trail you will find amazing blackberries. 
You have got to see our Autumn.

W&OD is a 45 mile long trail that starts in the DC border and takes you through, Arlington, Falls Church, Dunn Loring, Vienna, Reston, Herndon and it goes all the way to Leesburg and beyond..

There are hidden gardens and tree locations that not many people know of. Some would come to these places to take of the trees. There are cherry trees, apple trees, walnut and some others..


In this picture with my husky, we are passing by idylwoid park. I used to play soccer in this field. Not the best field, but we had our first FC TURAN victory on this field for the first season.


W&OD used to be a first train rail tracks that connected DC to Virginia suburbs. After the railroad service was discontinued, Dominion Virginia Power bought the land to use it for its high voltage electric highways. Later Virginia Park Authority had gotten in an agreement with Dominion to have the trail.




At this point of our walk, we have walked around 3 miles. Map my walk helps me to track my walks and keep record of everything. 


Year to date we have walked around 500 miles.




Around this time of our walk we get to meet Deers, Rabbits and foxes..


This is where you can park and start your trail adventure...


It is peaceful, it's serene, it's quite! 


New home is being built on Westchester Dr ( not mine - I wouldn't have built 3 level giant on this beautiful quite Trail view) 



Well I decided to blog about my walk today, hope you enjoyed it.

I love walking! 

Keep walking, it will keep you health!

No comments: